Saturday, July 16, 2011

Prayer #2

THERE IS NEVER WITHOUT YOU

Even when i am apart from you
still i am a part of you
like a drop of water from the sea,
now rising into sky
you paint clouds with me.

then drop me down to ground
to quench the thirst of wheat,
feed the bellies of children,
filling me with appreciation
and compassion for all life,
I weep and you seep out
from my eyes, roll down
my cheeks,
holy tracks of my tears..

there is no escaping you is there?
even when i abandon myself
and tell myself the lie that i am alone,
then finally turn to you in my grief and fear
i see once again that i was never
out of your embrace for a moment.

I am iron resisting Rumi's magnet,
oxygen refraining from the fire,
fear fighting off the perfect serenity of love.

then once more as often before
i open again to you my friend,

I play joyously when i surrender,
become your conscious, willing flute.

You conduct your breath through me,
 I am always an instrument of
your divine orchestration.


No comments:

Post a Comment