Tuesday, October 30, 2012

IMPRISONED


fear

imprisons us all,
once we learn to distrust ourselves
we stop trusting everybody,
we distrust life itself.

i am tired of blaming
what I am afraid you’ll think of me,
if I allow myself to be fully free
each uncertain moment,

because I have not made a lasting peace
with myself, I still look to you
for approval and acceptance,

I am addicted to love,
to people who applaud me, 
i am addicted to achievement
and the brief ego pump that it affords me,

i am addicted to distracting my self from my 
uncomfortable feelings with busyness, 
the news, T.V..with anything,

I self abandon..

i surf the internet to avoid meeting myself
i am a crazy person and can be dangerous;
i can criticize and condemn my thoughts, actions, and lack of action,
my mind is a bad neighborhood and i’ve been told more than once
not to travel there alone,

what will it take for me to say
“FUCK YOU” 
to my fear  and mean it?
when will i review my case, 
forgive and parole me?

at least i see and admit 
that this jail cell keeps me much smaller than
i’m meant to be,

i acknowledge the impact of global warming too..

they say you need only three things 
to wake up to joyous enlightenment:
awareness, awareness and...awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment