Tuesday, September 24, 2019

GOOD WEED WROTE THIS POEM



GOOD WEED WROTE THIS POEM

I’m pulling old poems out of the archives. 
Because there is nothing new I’ve learned, 
Nothing new to share. 

It feels like the journey is over.
But really, happily
It’s the stress and struggle that’s gone.
No body promised me a bowl of cherries. 
But no one ever taught me how to handle the pits. 

I’ve survived myself
As I like to say to the men
My age who are still here as well. 
Against the odds. 

Here’s to adventure. 
The hero's journey. 
Here’s to not knowing where you're going
But clarity about what it is you are going for.

It usually isn’t until my own honest pain
drops me to my knees
that i surrender who i think i am 
and let that frightened uncertainty
channel wisdom through God
who writes all the poems, 
the good ones anyway.

9/24/19
Playful Otter 

No comments:

Post a Comment