Thursday, August 29, 2019

ICING ON THE CAKE


   ICING ON THE CAKE

The soul works through the night
posing possibilities to consciousness.
A dream readies the dreamer
for challenges to come.
Early morning stillness
reveals the status 
of a man to himself.

We are all awaiting the great arrival,
when the random fragments of our searches
come together into one grand understanding.
We are hoping to breathe easier
before the final.. Ah Ha!

Meanwhile, with all this heady poetry
feigning depth and thoughtfulness,
I have once again forgotten to thank God
for my life and all its attendant blessings.

God?

My lust drives my thinking
and I wake up wanting more;
more of this, more of that, 
better, newer, faster,
then just a wee bit more.

Not knowing 
how to slow, stop and fully reside
in this moment,
I stumble sideways, 
wobbly, crashing 
into and through most situations
like some cosmic buffoon,
but no one here is laughing,
especially not myself.

The performance ends,
there is no where to go and nothing more to grab for.
All that I need I have right here.

Air to breathe.

                           Everything after that…

                                                          Icing on the cake.





No comments:

Post a Comment