Thursday, April 26, 2018

I AM A DROP OF WATER

Even when i am apart from you
still i am a part of you
like a drop of water from the sea,
now rising into sky
you paint clouds with me.

Then spill me into ground.
Grow the corn and wheat
Fresh and pure and sweet 
Cool our throats,
Wash our feet.

Weep and you seep 
from my eyes 
laying holy tracks of my tears..

There is no escaping you is there?

Even when I abandon myself
and tell myself I am all alone,
 turning to you fearfully,
I see once again 
that I was never even for a moment,
 out of your sweet embrace.

In time once more, as often before,
I open again to you my friend.

I surrender and become your willing flute.
You conduct your breath through me.
You make a song of me.

I have always been an instrument of
your divine orchestration.

No comments:

Post a Comment