Friday, April 13, 2018

DEAR GOD

Forever and even annoyingly calling. 
He calls me to him at all times of the day and night.
He calls in the middle of meals while I’m eating too fast. 
He calls when I am being impatient 
with children, store clerks and my wife. 
He calls when I am impatient and cruel to myself. 

God has basically put me under house arrest,
There is n escape.

He is a cop in a very crisp clean uniform,
Who is in great shape;
He can outrun, outfight, outshoot me
Any day of the week,
Every day of the week. 

He says, “You can either come peacefully,
Or you can resist.
But you are coming with me,
One way or another.”

Yet I resist this spiritual arrest,
My ego still thinks it’s better off
Without God-
But sooner or later
either by accident, serendipity, 
Or when the pain drops me to my knees 
weeping.

God is calling me, 
Which is to say that
 Love is calling me, 
Beauty is calling me, 
Unity is calling me, 
Kindness is calling me,

And I am coming, 
Slower, than quicker, 
By hook and by crook, 
Willingly…reluctantly,
I am coming,


 Dear God,
Thanks for your persistent, 
Relentless call.



No comments:

Post a Comment