Sunday, March 11, 2018



Does this Poem Know What It Needs?


My spirit calls me home,
Am I listening,
Will I follow?


When my soul weeps, 
tears turn to laughter,

I hold hands with myself
and my soul takes my spirit to
the dance floor as I twirl
into the wholeness of myself.

My shadows peek around corners
cautiously stealing a glimpse of light,
I reject, then provoke, then seduce and invite them
to the parts apart party,
where all the exiled aspects of myself
are welcomed with delight.

God loves a trouble maker.
He made these bodies for play, 
He likes to work with wood,
 he gave us hands.

Works of art,
Works of love, 
It is all the same thing.

Praising the Lord
Is no better
Or worse
Than cursing him.
God doesn’t care. 

He would wish for you to honor 
Your own soul and it’s hungers. 

Nurture your soul 
And 
You feed your spirit. 

Does this poem know what it needs?

Probably not,

But this soul knows it needs 
this poem.

Otter
32402

No comments:

Post a Comment