Monday, January 30, 2017

ICING ON THE CAKE

ICING ON THE CAKE

The soul works through the night
Posing possibilities to consciousness,
A dream readies the dreamer
For challenges to come,

Early morning stillness
Reveals the status of the man
To himself,
We are all awaiting the great arrival
Where the pieces of all journeys
Come together
Into one grand understanding,
We are hoping to breathe easy
Before our final ah ha!

Meanwhile, with all this heady poetry
Feigning depth and thoughtfulness
I have once again forgotten to thank God
For my life and all the attendant blessings,

My lust drives my thinking
And I wake up wanting more;
More of this or that
Or better,
And faster and then
Just a little more.


Not knowing how to slow or start
residing in this moment gratefully,
I stumble sideways,
wobbly, out of balance
tripping, crashing into and through
most events
Like some comic buffoon
Prat falling for laughs,
yet no one’s laughing,
especially not myself.

The performance ends,
there is no where to go and nothing more
 to grab onto,
All that I need I have right here,
Air to breathe is the first gift,
Everything after that,
Icing on the cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment