Tuesday, January 10, 2012

# 50



THEN AND NOW
or 
Harv Channels Dr. Seuss
..sometimes i call a friend
when my mind is drunk driving
and my heart’s in a wreck,
deep inside i believe
that no one will listen,
no one did way back when,
when i needed a friend..
but i push through and call you,
hear your voice and find my own
racing quickly
because deep inside i still believe
 I’m not worthy of attention,
way back when, 
when dad was gone
and mom was always in a rush,
my words would speed and plead
to connect with anyone.
when asked how he was, my Dad would always say,
“I could complain but what good would it do me today?”
so I learned to hold my breath and my pain,
Afraid that I’d just be pitied and shamed,
Words never heard
way back when when I needed them:
Compassion, forgiveness, acceptance, peace,
Prayer, God and feelings, surrender, release..
But that was back then 
Here and now is today,
i have friends that will listen
to what i might say,
when my mind feels crumpled
and my heart’s turning gray,
They remind me to love me,
and that I am okay-
Thanks Chris..

No comments:

Post a Comment