Wednesday, November 9, 2011

# 36: Rock & Roll

                                                                     Rock & Roll
i lurch forward from habit
but i don’t know where i’m going.
love...light...goodness...hope
have become words empty of meaning,
Where am I?
i drink a drink,
i feed myself,
i wash a dish,
but i don’t understand for one moment
what i am supposed 
to be doing,
i don’t want to perform for anyone today,
especially not myself.
I intend to visit the abyss,
I want to disappear entirely,
 see what’s left when who i think i am
is fully gone.
i want to be what i was meant to be, 
I want a reason for
all this breathing
in and out and gently
back and forth.

i have become a rocking chair
moving yet going no where,
just rolling sweetly back and forth
moment to moment 
to moment.
Now that i’ve quit moving
I close my eyes 
and try to think of one sage thing 
to say,
“shhhh!”
I'm tired of talking
and writing and thinking.
 My goal is just to rock and roll,
happily doing nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment