Thursday, August 4, 2011

# 12: it's okay not to know it's okay


8411
It’s okay not to know it’s okay
i am complete
with no woman’s embrace
i am complete
with no food in my belly
i am incomplete
yet i am whole
i am not my thoughts of separation
i am connected
i am afraid
but i am not my fears
i am sad
but i am happy to be sad
i am lost and alone
but i am here with myself
i am a breath
in the wind of the world,
a leaf floating to the ground
it doesn’t matter where i land
i am in no hurry
i am powerless
i don’t care
i don’t know what i want 
it’s okay not to know
i don’t know what i need
i get what i need
i am not you
i am like you
i am a gift being unwrapped
i am the tape and paper
it’s okay to open
it’s okay to hurt
i am writing these words
i am reading these words
i am warm 
i am compassionate
i go gentle with myself
its okay to have a hard day
a low day, 
a down day,
it’s okay to be lost
i am okay when i am lost
i feel ashamed of myself
it’s okay to feel shame
i feel despair
it’s okay to give up hope
it’s okay to slip and fall
i forgive myself
it’s okay to cry
it’s okay to hide
it’s okay to yell
it’s okay to defend what needs no defending
it’s okay to complain to the sky
it’s okay to ask why
it’s okay not to know
it’s okay not to care
it’s okay to love
it’s okay to leave
it’s okay to love again
it’s okay-

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "i am a gift being unwrapped", This line brought a smile to my face. I'm at peace with more will be revealed.

    ReplyDelete