Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mortal, Temporary, Precious..


41011
Several years back I interviewed a man for a Mens’ Ezine for the Mankind Project. He had taken on responsibility in a leadership position for that organization and it was to be introductory to the membership. 
He shared some intimate details of his growing up along with the standard stuff. When I finished writing the article I sent it to him and he did not approve it. 
His body was found in a canyon today and when I read that post I felt a shock in my heart. Hey- I know that guy!  And then I felt a sadness that comes with the realization once again that we, that I will also be done here and it could happen at any moment. 
This life of mine is a temporary gift. Am I doing what I am supposed to be doing? The fear that I have wasted valuable time in the past when I could have or should have been contributing something positive to this world I get to live in is accompanied by a sense of shame. And guilt. 
The past is past, and the shame passes but the guilt reminds me to be reverent and intentional with the unknown amount of time that is the rest of my life. I pray that I may use what gifts, talents and wisdom I have in a way that is most helpful to those around me and to the earth as well. May I be guided by light and goodness and be used for the highest good in the loving universe I reside in.

No comments:

Post a Comment